Welcome to 2019! I hope you were able to enjoy some time with family and friends during the Christmas Holidays.
A few reminders as we move into the second term:
• Supervision of Pupils: The school will open to receive pupils at the hour of 9.05 a.m. No responsibility is accepted for pupils arriving before that time. Classes will formally commence each day at 9.30 a.m. Classes will end each day at 1.45 p.m. for children in the Infant Classroom and at 2.45 p.m. for children in 1st- 6th Class.Parents who wish to have their children escorted home should make their own arrangements to have them met at the school gate and the person to escort them should be at the school not later than 2.45 p.m. as the school cannot accept responsibility for looking after the children after that time.
• Attendance: Your child’s attendance at school is very important for their progress. Please remember to send a note to the teacher if your child is absent. These notes are kept in an absentee file in school. It is mandatory to report absences of pupils in excess of 20 days in the year to the Túsla, so we would ask parents to ensure that pupils are absent from school only when it is absolutely necessary. If your child reaches the 20 day cut-off it is important that we have retained written notification for each absence on file.
• Uniforms: Children are to wear their school tracksuits on PE days only. If you are unsure of your child’s PE day please contact the class teacher. Full school uniforms must be worn on all other days.
• Nut Free Zone: Scoil Cholmcille is a “Nut Free Zone” as we have a student with a nut allergy. We cannot allow children to bring any nut based products into school or in their packed lunches. We ask that parents avoid giving children peanuts, peanut butter sandwiches, other spreads containing nuts such as Nutella and snacks/bars containing nuts or labelled “may contain nut traces” in school lunches. We also ask children not to share their lunches.
• Parking Arrangements: Priority in the car park is for staff and parents are free to use the excess. Please park with consideration,never block the entrance and always leave the bus bay clear.Children are not permitted to run/play in the school car park to ensure their safety.
• Enrolment: If you have a son or daughter under the age of five and not yet enrolled, please request an application for enrolment.
• Mid-Term Break: The school will be closed to pupils on Thursday February 21st & Friday February 22nd for the Mid Term Break. The school will remain closed to pupils on Monday February 25th to facilitate staff training. We will reopen to pupils on Tuesday February 26th at 9.05 am.