Further to the Government decision and the Taoiseach’s address yesterday evening, I am pleased to advise that the next phase of school reopening will commence from 1st March 2021.
The following return to in-school provision on 1 March 2021 has been agreed:
Primary Classes for – Junior Infants, Senior Infants, First and Second class will reopen fully from Monday 1 March 2021.
Prior to your child returning on March 1st, you must complete a Return to Education declaration. You will find this declaration on Class Dojo.
If your child has any of the following symptoms of Covid-19, do not send them to school and contact your GP:
• A temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or more
• Any other common symptoms of Covid-19 – a new cough, loss or changed sense of taste or smell, shortness of breath or an existing breathing condition that has become worse
• Been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19
• Been living with someone who is unwell and may have Covid-19
• Other uncommon symptoms of Covid-19, such as sore throat, headaches or diarrhoea
• Returned from another country in the last 14 days.
The Covid-19 Response Statement has been updated as has the Risk Assessment. These documents include updated guidance on ventilation in schools. The classroom windows and doors will be fully opened in the mornings, at break and lunch times and when students finish school. They will remain partially open during class time as per guidance received from the Department.
A wide range of supports and videos can be viewed here in regards to the return to school for the Junior end at the following website: